Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

Aruba IAP-207 Low Throughput/Slow Performance/High CPU Usage

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP-207 Low Throughput/Slow Performance/High CPU Usage

Posted Oct 08, 2020 09:50 PM

Hi,

I am currently testing an Aruba IAP-207. The device is new, and has been factory reset, and is running the 8.6.0.6 software in Instant mode. Only one SSID is configured.

I have noticed that despite information from the data sheet claiming the device is capable of wireless AC speeds, some testing between a computer on Ethernet and a computer connected to the IAP shows that only 250Mbit/s is attainable, best case. If left running for a while, the maximum speed drops to about 167Mbit/s. The computer is connected to the IAP-207 right next to the AP - it is able to achieve 900Mbit/s connected over Ethernet with the same test, and 470Mbit/s with another access point far away. There is not much interference, and the computer and AP state they are connected at 870Mbit/s, MCS9, with about -39dBm signal strength and -95dBm noise.

I'm wondering if this is the expected level of performance from an IAP-207 - I noticed that during the test, the CPU load would become very high, almost 80-90% in the Web UI. When logging in through SSH or the console port, the shell is very slow, and "show cpu details" indicates that a process event/0 is using 97% of the CPU, which would explain this slowdown. When the test is ended, the device becomes normal again.

I have all traffic management or inspection features turned off - I am wondering what might be the next steps to improve the performance of the AP, or to address the high CPU load issue.

Thanks!