Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP 325 - SSL HTTPS for Web Access

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP 325 - SSL HTTPS for Web Access

Posted Jun 12, 2020 09:05 AM

Hey guys,

so i try a lof of things and of course this message from google is annoying, that the website from my IAP is not secure.

And now i have also no access from my chrome and i need to use firebox.

Anyway.

For different future projects, also with an external captive portal, i would solve the major issue before.

installing a cert on the aruba.

• So i created certs with openssl
    • I upload one of the certs in my IAP , certtyp: CA, it worked
    • I tried to upload the same one as certtyp: web, it got an error message: cert_upload_convert_cert_error_txt
    • Also for other types, it is not working. No clue why.
    • Then i found this, I followed the steps to convert the crt and key files to pem , same issues. 
    • Currently is uploaded as CA, but i wanted for my web login. And later i need to do the same (i guess) for captive portal. There i have also one issue which is not clear for me (another topic).

I am just using IAPs without Clearpass or any other AddOns. And Aruba switches (but this should not be a reason for this).

So short and sweet:
    Any ideas on how I can make an SSL cert for web access so it works smoothly?

thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP 325 - SSL HTTPS for Web Access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2020 05:41 AM

If that is for the WebUI, you will need to have a domain name and a trusted certificate for that.

You could create your own private CA and sign the certificate for your IAP Web, or if you need to get no warnings for any client you will need to find a public trusted CA to sign your certificate.

Check here for more information.

Check here for OpenSSL commands and steps.