Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP305 System Status LED flashing amber

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP305 System Status LED flashing amber

Posted Apr 03, 2019 05:35 PM

Hello all,

The last Aruba IAP305 that needed to be added to my cluster is having some issues. It has been reset and re-configured multiple times with no luck. 

It takes longer than the other 305s I have to boot and once it does the system status LED flashes amber. The lights on the working 305s are system status solid amber and radio status solid green. I couldn't find a status code for that.

The IAP did join the cluster at one point this morning with the light flashing amber and had functioning devices connected to it. When I checked back later, it was not listed in the web ui controller and the lights were still the same. The radio status light has always been green.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP305 System Status LED flashing amber
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 03, 2019 07:14 PM
      |   view attached

Looks like you are connecting the AP to a POE switch and AP is in power save mode. Please refer to the attached snapshot for AP installation guide:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=31734

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP305 System Status LED flashing amber

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2019 09:15 PM

up, 802.3af POE (amber) and connected at less than 1Gbps (flashing).

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP305 System Status LED flashing amber

Posted Jan 28, 2020 03:07 AM

Dear All,

We have installed two nos. of IAP305 with Aruba PD‐3501G‐AC 1p GE 802.3af Midspan (POE Injector). 

System Status shows continuous Amber LED while Radio LED Green and the Network fluctuates as far as connectivity is concerned.

We tested these APs with Aruba POE Switch and there Ststem as well as Radio LEDs are Green and Network also working Fine.

The POE Injector is Aruba suggested

@Jibran.Aziz wrote:

Looks like you are connecting the AP to a POE switch and AP is in power save mode. Please refer to the attached snapshot for AP installation guide:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=31734

Part Number only.

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP305 System Status LED flashing amber

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2020 02:56 AM

When using an 802.3af POE source and IPM disabled, the 305 operates in "restricted" mode (USB port disabled). I'm guessing the switch is 802.3at capable.

Turning on IPM will result in a green system LED.As long as USB is not used there's no risk of IPM applying any restrictions.

• 6.  RE: Aruba IAP305 System Status LED flashing amber

Posted Jan 29, 2020 04:51 AM
    Dear Team,

Unfortunately the Switch is NON-POE and we have used Aruba Power Injector for the same.

The AP works fine when connected to Aruba POE Switch but performs erratic when connected to Aruba Non-POE

Switch with Power Injector!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 7.  RE: Aruba IAP305 System Status LED flashing amber

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2020 01:18 PM

Based on what you describe here, the LED may be amber and the USB port may be disabled, there's no reason to expect "erratic behavior".

Perhaps the POE injector (in combination with a marginal cable?) is causing some data connectivity issues.

You should probably work with Aruba support to resolve the issues.