Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Aruba Instant and IAP-203H as remote AP

Hi,

We have Aruba Instant and we need to cover remote location by wi-fi. Is it possible to use IAP-203H in Remote AP mode together with Aruba Instant? I cannot find answer.

Pavel

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Instant and IAP-203H as remote AP

If you have a controller the IAP can send traffic back to the controller via an IAP-VPN connection.  Alternatively the IAP-203H can be converted to a remote AP and send traffick back to a controller, as well.  The difference is that the IAP-VPN AP can operate independently of the controller, while the IAP-203H converted to a remote AP depends on a hardware controller for configuration and monitoring.

The IAP-203h   cannot form a VPN tunnel with another instant cluster, however.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
New Contributor

Do I understand, that Aruba Instant is not sufficient to work as controller that is able to establish VPN with RAP? Do I need Aruba Mobility Controller?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

You need a mobility controller to establish a tunnel with an instant AP.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: