Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant related questions

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant related questions

Posted Sep 20, 2013 12:42 AM

Hi all,

We are working on an aruba soloution to provide free public wifi for a small community centre.APs are IAP175 alogn with CPPM. basically the user accpets the Terms of Use and they get on to Internet. This setup is working fine.

Questions.

1. what is the best way to get rid of the "secuirty warning message for  captiveportal? the CPPM is hosted on a private subnet

2. is there a way to restict the download limit per  each session using CPPM?  Note that there is only single user account configured which can be used in multiple sessions.

Any help would be very much appreicated.

Thanks very much.

Janesh

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant related questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2013 03:45 AM

@janesh wrote:

Hi all,

We are working on an aruba soloution to provide free public wifi for a small community centre.APs are IAP175 alogn with CPPM. basically the user accpets the Terms of Use and they get on to Internet. This setup is working fine.

Questions.

1. what is the best way to get rid of the "secuirty warning message for  captiveportal? the CPPM is hosted on a private subnet

You'd need to generate a CSR from ClearPass and get it signed by Verisign or other similar organisation, so that the browsers trust the certificate presented.

2. is there a way to restict the download limit per  each session using CPPM?  Note that there is only single user account configured which can be used in multiple sessions.

Not sure about from ClearPass, but in the ssid settings, you can set the airtime fairness on 'per user' basis.

Any help would be very much appreicated.

Thanks very much.

Janesh

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant related questions

Posted Sep 20, 2013 07:12 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your replies.I have not generate a CSR request from Clearpass I will check the clear pass documentation to get the hang of it.

My understanding of airtime fairness is that  a time window  will be allocated per user.

What I really after is to restirct a user to download quota of 20mb or something.

Thanks again.

cheers,

janesh

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant related questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2013 07:16 AM

I see.  I'm sure that is possible in ClearPass, but I don't know enough about it to advise.  In the very least I think you'll have to enable radius accounting......after that, I'm not sure.

:smileyhappy: