Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto join issues

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Auto join issues

Posted Oct 30, 2018 10:25 AM

Hello, I am having issues with the auto-join setting and wanted to see if anyone else has had this isuse. We are using Airwave IGC for all IAP cluster management. Airwave is on 8.2.7. We are seeing this issue on both the old 6.5.1.5 and the new 8.3.0.3 IAP firmware.

What happens is when we disable auto-join in the Group>System settings, some or all of access points in the cluster will start getting blocked. I have seen it where only the VC was active and all other access points were blocked. This is on existing clusters that were working fine, not new access points that are not in the cluster already.

• 2.  RE: Auto join issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2018 10:32 AM

Are those access points already added to the list?  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#Instant_UG/CustomizeIAPParams/Adding_an__to_the_Networ.htm

Edit:  You should not have to add them to the list manually if auto-join is off, but see if the rejected access points are in the list, already.

• 3.  RE: Auto join issues

Posted Oct 30, 2018 10:38 AM

They are existing members of the cluster that are active and working as part of the cluster before auto-join is disabled. It was my understanding that when you disable auto-join the config will save the current active members as "allowed APs" in the config.

• 4.  RE: Auto join issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2018 10:43 AM

If it is the way you say, I would open a TAC case, if there is nothing in the allowed ap list after you disable auto-join.

• 5.  RE: Auto join issues

Posted Oct 30, 2018 10:45 AM

That's my next move. Just figured I would ask and see if anyone else is seeing this behavior.