Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Big problems w/ 115/225 Cluster

This seems to be similar to my issue. -- I would open a TAC case and escalate. I wasn't able to send them tech dumps due to the high CPU spikes but I did get a syslog server up with some data.

I'm also told that 4.1.1.3 may have some fixes for this and should be out in ~2weeks. The proof as they say though, is in the pudding.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I downgraded back to 4.1.1.0 and the controller issue cleared up. However I believe that leaves us exposed to the DOS issues that were supposedly mitigated in 4.1.1.2. Unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth to troubleshoot with TAC. Hopefully they are watching these threads and can help. I'll wait for a fix to 4.1.1.2 before I upgrade again.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I'm also seeing the same issue on my home office Instant network with an IAP-105 and RAP-109 running 4.1.1.2.  I have factory reset both access points one at a time, but the issue still persists where my wifi clients drop the association and can't reconnect until the virtual controller is rebooted.  here is a copy of my log files during the outage:

2015-03-04 20:34:44 Local1.Error 10.0.20.161 Mar  4 20:34:43 2015 10.0.20.161 <10.0.20.161 6C:F3:7F:XX:XX:XX> stm[1775]: PAPI_Send: sendto ARM Process failed: No such file or directory Message Code 3115 Sequence Num is 61082
2015-03-04 20:34:44 Local1.Error 10.0.20.161 Mar  4 20:34:43 2015 10.0.20.161 stm[1775]: <304065> <ERRS> <10.0.20.161 6C:F3:7F:XX:XX:XX>  PAPI_Send failed, send_papi_message_with_args, 790: No such file or directory, dstport 8494

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Rhamaura,

4.1.1.2 has been removed from the downloads website.  Please downgrade to 4.1.1.1 and let us know if you still see the issue.  If you cannot obtain the software to downgrade, please message me.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Colin,

I would like to confirm the software downgrade procedure:

1.  Multiple IAP-105's in a single cluster.  Login to the Virtual controller, manually upload the older firmware, click Upgrade Now, and reboot.  The remaining IAP-105 access points will automatically downgrade to the older firmware

2.  Mix of IAP-105 and IAP-225 in a single cluster.  Enable TFTP server on my computer. Login to th virtual controller, specify the URL location for each category of instant with the format tftp://<My-PC-IP-Address/<software name>, click Upgrade now, and reboot.  the remaining mix of access points will automatically downgrade and reboot.

Am I missing anything from this procedure?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

You are not missing anything.  Just like the procedure here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/IAP_maintenance/Firmware_Image_Server_in.htm for the Image URL Option.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Ok, anyone heard any ETA for a new release with this issue fixed?

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP ACDP | CWNP: CWNE #306
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Christoffer,

We will do a post in this thread when it is released. Is there an issue you are having with the downgraded code?

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Don´t know yet, trying to pick code for a new deployment of IAP-205. Guessing 4.1.1.1 is the best shot for now.

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP ACDP | CWNP: CWNE #306
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: