Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server

Posted Feb 21, 2019 10:21 AM

I have seen other postings but no real answers.  I have Cisco Switches and have been running Cisco APs...I am evaluating the Aruba IAP, have it configured, same VLAN and am also applying the VLAN as static for my SSID.  The clients are not getting an IP Address from my DHCP Server after connecting to the Aruba AP.  Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server

Posted Feb 21, 2019 11:21 AM

May you send the configration on the cisco switch interface? 

• 3.  RE: CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 11:27 AM

What are your WLAN SSID settings set configured as? Ensure that your User Role permits the client the ability to obtain a DHCP IP address and that any VLAN's, ip-helpers etc are all in place.

• 4.  RE: CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server

Posted Feb 21, 2019 11:30 AM
      |   view attached

attached

Attachment(s)

txt
    switchconfig.txt   1 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server

Posted Feb 21, 2019 11:45 AM

Hi,

thats not a Cisco switch ;-)

Did you send all client traffic to the cisco WLC?

Instant solution switches traffic local at AP. You have to add all SSID/Client VLANs to the AP ports.

Besides of that:

• Which VLAN are the clients in?
    • Which VLAN is DHCP server in?

Regards, Jö

• 6.  RE: CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2019 11:49 AM

ah!  you are right!  it is an HP/Aruba Switch.

Here is my VLAN on the AP.  CLients are in VLAN 111 and Server is in VLAN 111

aruba.JPG

• 7.  RE: CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server

Posted Feb 21, 2019 12:03 PM

Hi,

which VLAN is the AP management IP in?

The way you configured, client traffic will be tagged for 111.

Is AP also in VLAN 111?

I always keep AP management and clients separated. So I'm not sure. But out of the top of my head, "default" instead of "static" sends client traffic untagged.

Regards, Jö 

• 8.  RE: CIsco Switch and new Aruba 303hr Instant AP - Clients not getting IP Address from DHCP Server
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2019 12:09 PM

This is not a cisco switch, it is Procurve switch right?.

Anyway the solution is to configure the interface 11
    as a trunk and allowed the vlans that you want to assigned to the AP. Also you need to do some changes in the AP Gui ( go to more->wired-> defaut_wired and allowed the native vlan in this port.