Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I configure the 5GHz band to any band? I need band B (not supported in all countries).

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I configure the 5GHz band to any band? I need band B (not supported in all countries).

Posted Feb 11, 2015 11:18 AM

I want for testing and countries, to configure 5GHz in band b (100-140 channels). Can I do that or do I need to buy it only in a country that approve this channel?

• 2.  RE: Can I configure the 5GHz band to any band? I need band B (not supported in all countries).

Posted Feb 11, 2015 12:43 PM
    Your controller would need to be built for that country code or if it's instant the AP needs to be in the proper country code.

• 3.  RE: Can I configure the 5GHz band to any band? I need band B (not supported in all countries).

Posted Feb 12, 2015 01:52 AM

thanks!

Can I configure the country code? do I need it to be bought at the country of operation?

I wont use a controller, I will use it as stand alone. so can I configured it to any band? channel?

thanks!

• 4.  RE: Can I configure the 5GHz band to any band? I need band B (not supported in all countries).

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2015 09:45 AM

You can configure a 'Rest-of-World' Instant AP to any country code. If I'm correct all ETSI domains (I tested NL, The Netherlands), allow channels 100-140 on 5 GHz.

For legal reasons the Instant AP's sold in or to the US, Israel (IL) or Japan (JP), are locked to those country settings and cannot be changed. The type of AP can be seen in the product serial number: IAP-205-RW is a Rest-of-World AP; for some older AP's like the RAP-109, the product without addition of -US, -IL or -JP, so just RAP-109, is a Rest-of-World AP.

As a warning, setting the AP to another country than you are in, violates regulations and may result into legal action against you. You should not set this to another country, also for the reason that some devices sense the country code from SSID beacons that they hear, and refuse to connect to the channels in your local regulatory domain. So this may result in connection problems for your production WLAN.

Herman