Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Can I use IAP-105-US access points in Europe

I have a wifi newtork here in the US using IAP-105-US access points. I would like to create a similar network at our subsidiary in Europe. I have a couple extra IAP-105-USs that I would like to use. Can I deploy these in Europe? I know I can't use an unrestricted AP in the US but can I use a restricted IAP-105-US in Europe? It's hard to find the Unrestricted APs here in the US for me to setup and send them, and this way I could stock the same spares for each office.

I think the only downside is I wouldn't use channels 12 + 14 in Europe. No big deal to me.

Thanks

Justin 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: Can I use IAP-105-US access points in Europe

No, US APs are only for US. Deploying a US ap in the EU/ETSI countries could result in large fines applied over in the EU for illegal regulatory device. TL;DR don't do it. 

Also, US APs are NOT convertible, you would have to purchase new RW APs for Europe (Israel has their own regulatory). 

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

No, US APs are only for US. Deploying a US ap in the EU/ETSI countries could result in large fines applied over in the EU for illegal regulatory device. TL;DR don't do it. 

Also, US APs are NOT convertible, you would have to purchase new RW APs for Europe (Israel has their own regulatory). 

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME

View solution in original post

Occasional Contributor I

Thank you. That's why I asked.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: