Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can a Dell Aruba IAP-93 and Aruba IAP-105 work in a same network?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can a Dell Aruba IAP-93 and Aruba IAP-105 work in a same network?

Posted Mar 11, 2014 10:58 AM

I have 8 x Dell Aruba IAP-93 and 4 x Linksys AP connected to a switch/router for internet. I have get another 4 pcs of Aruba IAP-105 (Note: NOT FROM DELL) to replace the existing Linksys AP. After configure through console set IP, netmask, gateway and dns. Than access http set SSID, change login password (apply to all 4 Aruba IAP-105). But when I remove the Linksys AP and connect the Aruba IAP-105, it seen the Dell Instant Virtual Controller do not include those AP inside. The Aruba IAP-105 LED: PWR-solid green, ENET-blinking/solid green, 11A/N and 11B/G/N solid orange. Any suggestion? Thank you

• 2.  RE: Can a Dell Aruba IAP-93 and Aruba IAP-105 work in a same network?

Posted Mar 11, 2014 11:29 AM

Technically mixing Dell and Aruba branded is not a supported configuration.    That being said.......start by checking the version of SW running on the 93s and 105s when running in separate groups.  If there is a mismatch you may need to manually upgrade one of the groups of APs to match the other.

• 3.  RE: Can a Dell Aruba IAP-93 and Aruba IAP-105 work in a same network?

Posted Mar 12, 2014 04:40 PM

I just confirmed that a Dell branded IAP and an Aruba branded IAP cannot join the same cluster.  Further, they must have separate management Vlans so the Dell VC does not see the Aruba VC.