Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Capital portal not show up

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Capital portal not show up

Posted Jun 01, 2020 08:35 AM

hello i using 7240XM-IL 6.5.4.7 aruba controllers with vrrp redundancy

i have a problem that my  captival portal one time is appears and after couple time is not appears, the ip of the capital portal is setting on the master controller ..

when the capital portal is appears,  and i agree to the the connection to internet is ok.....

i dont know where start to find the problem someone help please?

• 2.  RE: Capital portal not show up

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 01, 2020 09:38 AM

Make sure you have an IP on all of the guest subnets on all of the controllers. Each controller needs to have a L3 address in the guest VLAN to be able to do the captive portal redirect. 

• 3.  RE: Capital portal not show up

Posted Jun 01, 2020 04:39 PM

yes  the guest will have a l3 ip addres in the subnet ,,, 

• 4.  RE: Capital portal not show up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2020 05:36 PM

Can the problem be consistently reproduced?

When you have a client device that gets in this state where the captive portal is not displayed, can to get to the captive portal if you manually open a web browser on the affected device and enter your captive portal's complete URL in the browser?

Also, when the device is connected, can you capture the output from the "show user" cli command on the controller in order to identify the connection, IP address, and current role. Then please capture "show rights" for the role that's listed so that we can identify what might be stopping the portal from triggering.