Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal Page Not Found

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal Page Not Found

Posted Oct 19, 2016 05:58 PM

I have an Aruba Instant AP (IAP-205s) that I have multiple SSIDs going to multiple VLANs.  All of my networks are running great except my guest network.  It is configured via the web interface choosing 'Guest', then 'Network Assigned' and 'Static'.  On the security page I am using 'Internal - Authenticated'.  For testing the network access is unrestricted.

DHCP is handled via a Windows Server.  The client is getting an IP, default route and DNS servers and can aquire appropriate DNS for the Aruba IAP name that appears in the browser.  When opening a browser I can see the redirect attempt (https://*IAPShortNmae*/swarm.cgi?opcode=cp_generate&orig_url=687..etc..etc..) but the page will eventually error on a page not found.

Now for troubleshooting, if I change the 'Splash Page Type' to 'None' then everything connects and goes right through.  In this state, I can also connect to and manage the IAP (by DNS shortname) so I know my network layer is working correctly.  Also, interestingly, if I connect to the captive enabled guest network, but then change wifi networks to another while the page is still attempting to load (meaning I connected to another, non-captive portal SSID) then the captive portal will load appropriately.

I just need to make a Guest network based on the built in captive portal.  Please help!

Config:

wlan access-rule MyCompany-Guest
     index 3
     rule any any match any any any permit

wlan ssid-profile MyCompany-Guest
     enable
     index 1
     type guest
     essid MyCompany-Guest
     opmode opensystem
     max-authentication-failures 0
     vlan 235
     auth-server InternalServer
     rf-band all
     captive-portal internal
     dtim-period 1
     inactivity-timeout 1000
     broadcast-filter arp
     dmo-channel-utilization-threshold 90
     local-probe-req-thresh 0
     max-clients-threshold 64

wlan captive-portal
     background-color 13421772
     banner-color 10066329
     redirect-url "https://www.myCompany.com"
     banner-text "Welcome to MyCompany-Guest"
     terms-of-use "BlahBlah."
     use-policy "Blah Blah Blah."
     authenticated

Let me know if there is something else you'd like from the config.

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal Page Not Found

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2016 05:43 PM

You should use "Virtual Controller Assigned" and "Default" for VLANs.