Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Checking for Radar Events on IAP/AMP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Checking for Radar Events on IAP/AMP

Posted Mar 06, 2015 08:12 AM

On an IAP managed by Airwave, what is the best way to find out if there are any radar events which are causing channel changes? Is there any way to run a report on this to get an idea of which channels are usable?

I have IAPs configured to send SNMP traps and Syslog to the Airwave server. I've searched the Syslog & Traps section of Airwave for Radar and i don't see any events. Does this means the channels we're using so far have not had any radar issues?

Also i was wondering if it is possible to setup an IAP in monitor mode so it can scan all channels, and give us an idea of radar activity at a site before we enable the channels on our devices? Or do APs only detect radar when they are in access mode?

Thanks,

_ELiasz

• 2.  RE: Checking for Radar Events on IAP/AMP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2015 10:31 AM

You should be able to see them in the syslog.  Air Monitors and Access points should discover radar events.  No messages means that the access points have not discovered any radar events.  That does not mean there will be none in the future.  Your mileage may vary.