Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Chomecast does not work!

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Chomecast does not work!

Posted Aug 24, 2015 10:45 AM
      |   view attached

Today I had to reset all my AP105 devices. Now I can't get 2 chromecast devices to work. Do I have to change settings to the airgroup service. I did not checked anything. (see attachmend) Are there other things I have to change?

• 2.  RE: Chomecast does not work!

Posted Aug 24, 2015 10:56 AM

Forgot to mention: I can see the chromecast, and when I trie to set it up with the chromecast app, I get a message that it cannot connect to the network. 1 or 2 times, that did work, but then I got a message that is was connected, but that it had no internet connection...

• 3.  RE: Chomecast does not work!
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2015 06:18 PM

If you have "Broadcast filter all" disabled (default)" you should not need to enable Airgroup if the Chromecast is on the same VLAN as your client.

If you have "Broadcast filter all" enabled or your client is on a different VLAN than your client you need to make sure Airgroup is enabled, DLNA is checked and Chromecast is checked and enabled.

If your clients still cannot reach your chromecast device, make sure you do not have any user rules that block your clients from sending traffic to your Chromecast devices indicated here:  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/ZGm4p8VcpAU

• 4.  RE: Chomecast does not work!

Posted Aug 25, 2015 06:38 AM

The first solution works! However, Broadcast filter all" disabled was not disabled by default.

Thanks.

Dries

• 5.  RE: Chomecast does not work!

Posted Aug 27, 2015 12:32 AM

This Media devices usually use DLNA or Bonjur and so on so you can enable the required services to be passed in network as if there is any service or traffic that need specif port number which is related to service is not open you will find the issues.