Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Client Isolation & Airprint

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Client Isolation & Airprint

Posted Aug 05, 2019 11:01 AM

HI,

I'm looking for a solution to my network.

I have an IAP305 and a virtual controller and I want to connect my IPad, my HP Printer on it and use Airprint.

My problem, I can't find my printer with airprint because, i guess, the client isolation service block me to find the printer AND the Airprint is not ok (I tried to connect my IPad on another IAP305 to skirt the client isolation but is not working...)

Can you help me ? 

Thank ! 

• 2.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 12:20 AM

What do  excaty mean by client isolation service?

Are the Printer and your iPad on the same VLAN/subnet?

Have you enabled any of the Airgroup service? it is under configurations->services->airgroup.

• 3.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

Posted Aug 06, 2019 03:29 AM

Thank for your answer.

I mean I can't see my devices who are connect to the same IAP and i guess it's the client isolation service who block me ?

Yes it's on the same Vlan/Subnet.

I tried to enable any of airgroup service on configuration->service-> Airgroup, but it don't want to save my configuration when i confirm...

You know why ? 

• 4.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 03:34 AM

ok if they are on the same VLAN, then try this.

disable any Airgroup service that you might have enabled.

then go the configuration setting of that SSID/network and click on "show advanced options" and under "broadcast/multicast" section,

set broadcast filter = disabled, save it and test again.

Let me know how you go.

regards

• 5.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

Posted Aug 06, 2019 03:56 AM

Thanks,

It's the same, I see my printer in the IPad, but I can't select it. If I try to "Search printer", I don't find my printer "No Airprint printer detected"

• 6.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 04:28 AM

ok so when you touch the printer icon on your ipad, you can select your printer that is already configured for Airprint, correct?

if so that means mDNS is working fine.

• 7.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

Posted Aug 06, 2019 06:21 AM

So ! 

I have some good news, but it steel not working...

When i connect my IPad on another IAP (Printer on IAP N°1 and Ipad on IAP N°2) it's working, but when i'm connected on the same IAP (Printer  and Ipad on IAP N°1) it's not working. It's the same for a Ping.

But I need to be on the same IAP... Some ideas ? Client Isolation ? in another brand it's called "Layer2Isolation", but for Aruba ? 

Many Thanks !

• 8.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 08:04 AM

so in that case, go to the ssid/network configuration, click on the "show advanced options" and then go to the Miscellaneous section.

See if "Deny inter user bridging" is enabled. If so disable it , save and test again.

• 9.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

Posted Aug 06, 2019 09:00 AM

I checked that and it's allready disable...

Did you know how I can configure my device (or my IAP) to connect automaticly to one IAP (N°1 for exemple) ? 

• 10.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 06, 2019 10:52 AM

It's Working ! 

It wasn't really here but it's working.

It was this configuration but in System->Show Advenced options->"Deny inter user bridging" => Enable.

And It's working ! 

Thank you very much for your help ! 

• 11.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 09:18 PM

good news. There are two places where you can set the "deny inter user bridging" one is at the global level and one at the SSID/network level.

regards

• 12.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

Posted Aug 06, 2019 04:59 AM

Is not exacly that, i see the name of my printer and when i whan to select it, i see "Search printer", and I don't find my printer "No Airprint printer detected"

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

And if I want to print, it's not working

1 - Copie.jpg2 - Copie.jpg3 - Copie.jpg

• 13.  RE: Client Isolation & Airprint

Posted Aug 06, 2019 03:49 AM

corrections, I can change and allowed all service, but it dosen't works...

I see my printer in the IPad, but I can't select it. If I try to "Search printer", I don't find my printer "No Airprint printer detected"