Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Configure captive portal with HTML page to authenticate with RADIUS server

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Configure captive portal with HTML page to authenticate with RADIUS server

Posted Aug 07, 2017 05:53 AM

Dear all,

I have a small issue with configuration of external captive portal on virtual controller. Please give me your solution / advise if you can support.

i'm using aruba os software ver 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.6_58505. Now i need config 1 wireless network for guest with limit access (using LDAP/RADIUS on domain and 1 html page was wrote by myself).

Firstly, i want ask can i authenticate radius/ldap without Clearpass. because i read many document on internet and maybe aruba requires learpass to handle external captive portal

Secondly, if it don't need clearpass, will you give me the structure of html page with authenticate from ldap/radius.

I tried with the below code but cant give the guest access internet when they submit

submit code.JPG

• 2.  RE: Configure captive portal with HTML page to authenticate with RADIUS server

Posted Aug 07, 2017 07:20 AM

Hi

Firstly, i want ask can i authenticate radius/ldap without Clearpass. because i read many document on internet and maybe aruba requires learpass to handle external captive portal

Yes, you can. See the Thread here (it's an older post already, but more or less still the same):https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Authentication-AP-in-IAP-mode-by-external-RADIUS-server/td-p/138981

Secondly, if it don't need clearpass, will you give me the structure of html page with authenticate from ldap/radius.

You need to send your login information with POST to https://<FQDN to your Master IAP (default is securelogin.arubanetworks.com)>/cgi-bin/login 

I can't tell you which POST Parameter are required and optional. But I found different Blog Posts in the Airhead community:

Maybe an Aruba Engineer can help out here with the POST Parameters. ;)