Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Convert group of campus APs 305 back to iAP 305

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Convert group of campus APs 305 back to iAP 305

Posted Jun 09, 2020 07:27 AM

I've got an AP group of (55 total) iAP305s which have been converted to campus APs, currently being managed by a 7210 mobility controller. I would like to convert these APs back to iAPs and manage them via Central. I've already added them to my central inventory and have assigned subscriptions. What is the process to convert them?

thanks!

• 2.  RE: Convert group of campus APs 305 back to iAP 305

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 09:01 AM

You can start by trying this:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-convert-Instant-Campus-AP-Remote-AP-back-to-IAP-mode/ta-p/393352

If that does not work, you would have to use the reset button on each AP, unfortunately.

• 3.  RE: Convert group of campus APs 305 back to iAP 305

Posted Jun 09, 2020 09:10 AM

Thanks, however I ran that command and it says "Command is not supported for this AP model".
    It's definitely an iAP305 and my controller is running 6.5.4.12

Thoughts?

• 4.  RE: Convert group of campus APs 305 back to iAP 305

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 09:22 AM

I believe that command only will work for APs that started off a Universal APS.

There is a slim chance however, if you downgrade the ArubaOS to 6.5.2.0, that command will work.  After 6.5.2.0, that command will only work on Universal APs.

• 5.  RE: Convert group of campus APs 305 back to iAP 305
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 17, 2020 07:28 AM

Ended up engaging TAC. They helped me put the controller into Support mode using an Aruba/HPE email account + secure token process - which gave me the ability to run some factory-reset commands (which were not previously available) against the AP groups.