Controllerless Networks

Frequent Contributor II

Re: Converting IAP to Campus AP fails - Retrieve Image Failed

If the controller is running 8.2.1.0, I have no idea.

Could you try to upgrade IAP to latest version first then convert to join the controller?

Thank you,
Ratchapas S.
Land of Smiles
Frequent Contributor I

I have also tried to set up a same VMC in test environment, converted, then provisioned the AP. Then took it to client and still it fails to connect. (Of course, I changed the master IP to client's controller first.)

I also tried a few firmwares. Upgraded and downgraded the AP but ended up with same result. The AP connects to other controllers except client controller. I also tried hooking up a different AP to the same physical port and it converts. So I ruled out network problem.

I also had an intresting phenomenon. I also put a laptop in the same subnet as the AP and controller. I could ping the controller from laptop and back. I could ping AP from laptop and back. But I couldn't ping either the controller from AP or the other way around. Thats why I thought the controller has somehow blacklisted the ap (even though the AP is in whitelist accepted status) and is blocking traffic.

If someone has an Idea wheather this is possible. I am open to suggestions.

THX

Daniel

Frequent Contributor II

Did you try to change Regulatory Domain?

Thank you,
Ratchapas S.
Land of Smiles
Frequent Contributor I

Every appliance runs on HU regulatory domain. Before trying to convert AP I set it also to HU.

Frequent Contributor II

Please try to create another regulatory domain for testing. Maybe US, SG. Just for testing.

Thank you,
Ratchapas S.
Land of Smiles
Frequent Contributor I

In a productive environment I don't know if its possible.

Guru Elite

If it is a connectivity issue, it probably is not related to the regulatory domain.

Please open a TAC case to save yourself some time:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Hello Everyone!

Just an update, because I saw that other people had the same problem as me, so I thought I share my results.

I opened a TAC case side-by-side with this thread. TAC confirmed my hunch that it was a hardware problem:

When the AP boots:

[    0.428064] msm_pcie_probe: msm_pcie_probe: PCIe: RC0 is not enabled during bootup; it will be enumerated upon WAKE signal.
[    0.428074] msm_pcie_probe: msm_pcie_probe: PCIe: Driver probe failed for RC0:-1
[    0.429137] msm_pcie: probe of 80000.qcom,pcie failed with error -1

Also, when AP boots, its routing table is all messed up. Sometimes it would erase the default-gw adress and set it to 0.0.0.0.

So that was the big mystery. A faulty hardware :)

Cheers!

New Contributor

I was having the same problem with a few cases of IAP325's. My Controller running version 6.5.4.9 and IAP's coming with 6.4.4.4.... 

Updated the IAP's to 6.5.4.9 and resolved the problem.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: