Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP/VLANs error on AP 215 & Ciso SG200

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  DHCP/VLANs error on AP 215 & Ciso SG200

Posted Aug 29, 2019 05:32 PM

Hello there, I'm having a problem involcing Aruba AP's, a cisco switch and a fortigate 80e.

• Fortigate80E is acting as dhcp server and has network rules based on vlan ids, etc.
    • Switch Ciso SG200 to connect computers
    • AP' Aruba 215 for wireless connectivy

I have configured two SSID for wireless devices:

• SSID1 with vlan id: 2
    • SSID2 with vlan id: 5

The problem here its that those client devices connected to any of those SSID can't reach the fortigate and its asigned a generic ip like 169.x.x.x . leaving those devices without a network/internet connection.

If I connect the AP's to the fortigate directly everything works fine.

Everything is defualt configuration on cisco switch except that I have added both vlans with corresponding id and modified my dns server ip.

Im not expert on cisco or aruba and was hoping if you guys can see an abvious mistake or configuration I should need to do to make it works.

Any nudge on the right direction woud be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: DHCP/VLANs error on AP 215 & Ciso SG200

Posted Aug 29, 2019 08:34 PM

169.x.x.x means your wireless clients are not getting an IP address.

How the link between SG200 and Fortigate80E is configured?If it is layer 3, DHCP broadcast will not be received by Fortigate.

You have two options:

- Configure this link as trunk and allow vlan 2 and 5 on the trunk link

- Keep the link as layer 3 and add IP helper address on the SG200 SVIs

Assuming you want wireless clients' gateways to be on fortigate, I would recommend you configured fortigate/SG200 link as trunk and allow wireless VLANs on the link.

To configure the trunk on SG200, following link can help you:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/how-do-i-configure-multiple-vlans-on-a-sg-200-18/td-p/1706818

• 3.  RE: DHCP/VLANs error on AP 215 & Ciso SG200

Posted Sep 06, 2019 09:51 AM

Sorry for the late answer, I will try and do that and let you know if it worked. 

Thank you.