Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Different Offices Same Cluster

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Different Offices Same Cluster

Posted Dec 12, 2018 01:13 PM

Hello everybody,

I have a question, I'm implementing about 30 IAP's for a company who is divided in two offices, the offices are connected using a StS VPN, is there a possibility of joining all the AP's in only one cluster?

The main idea is that employees can go from one to another office and automatically connect to the same SSID with the same permissions.

• 2.  RE: Different Offices Same Cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2018 01:24 PM

If the access points cannot be in the same layer 2 network, they cannot be in the same cluster.  If you have two clusters in different layer 2 networks, you will have to synchronize the changes betweeen them manually or obtain Airwave to do that for you automatically.

Devices in the same cluster do exchange broadcast traffic regularly, so you do not want to have a cluster separated by a WAN, even if you can somehow put them on the same layer 2 network.

• 3.  RE: Different Offices Same Cluster

Posted Dec 12, 2018 01:40 PM

By using Airwave I can manage all the AP's like if they are in the same cluster and all users privileges can be the same no matter in what office they are?

Is not the same as Aruba Central?

• 4.  RE: Different Offices Same Cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2018 02:22 PM

You could also do the same with Central, Yes.