Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Dropping connection to AP-225

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Dropping connection to AP-225

Posted Nov 05, 2018 03:28 PM

Hello,

I have a laptop that intermittently drops connection to the  225-IAP and I have to manually reconnect. Sometimes, it happens a lot and sometimes just a little. I get this issue with other devices as well but it is much, much less with the other devices in the office.

Can you give me some troubleshooting steps and process to identify the issue? Any help is very much appreciated.

The laptop is a HP Folio with a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter. The adapter driver is  18.33.12.2. The firmware on the AP is 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2_58595.

Thank you,

Jay

• 2.  RE: Dropping connection to AP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 05:06 PM

How many access points do you have?

How many SSIDs do you have configured?

Do you have 802.11k or 802.11r enabled?

What are the other devices that are having problems?

• 3.  RE: Dropping connection to AP-225

Posted Nov 06, 2018 10:56 AM

I have once access point supporting 2 to 5 users on any given day but several wireless devices exist such as TVs and Blu-Ray  players. There are usually around 6 to 7 active devices connected to the AP but not necessarily doing anything. I am the ony heavy user. Everyone else is mainly web browing with occasionaly videos off of youtube or Facebook.

9 SSIDS but only two are actually used. The others are legacy and should be removed.

802.11k and 802.11r are not enabled.

Other devices have this issue as welll but only rarely. I get it a lot.

• 4.  RE: Dropping connection to AP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 10:57 AM

You should of course try to remove all of the unused SSIDs.  Beyond 4 can cause quite a bit of random or consistent issues.  Take a look at your utilization on either radio and let us know how high it is.