Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Getting started in Aruba Wifi

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Getting started in Aruba Wifi

Posted May 24, 2018 07:43 PM

Hello everyone.

My name is Daniel and I come from Cisco products. Right now my company started to deploy HP products, so I'm looking for documentation to learn.

I'm not sure if the logic is the same, I will have a WLC and APs based on and autonomous too? Can you please share some links.

Right now I have to configure one single controller and some APs. 

By other side, I would like to know if ACMA is the first certification in Aruba wireless network and where can I find material to study and get the certification.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Getting started in Aruba Wifi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2018 11:06 AM

Howdy Daniel,

I also made the transition from Cisco wireless to Aruba. The ACMA/ACMP trainings are a great way to get up to speed on the differences along the controller architecture. For the ACMA/ACMP, there are ebook study guides available on Kindle and other readers. There's also instructor led trainings, including a bootcamp that covers both the ACMA and ACMP material in one 5-day class.

For your autonomous APs, the Aruba Instant architecture is more comparable. There are some Instant training material available and linked to from the forum. 

• 3.  RE: Getting started in Aruba Wifi

Posted May 29, 2018 09:25 AM
    Here is some free training on Aruba IAPs (Instant APs)

https://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/aruba-instant/instant-training/

If you can't get any training right away, I suggest going through some of the VRDs (Validated Reference Designs)

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs