Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Help with applying a Bandwidth Contract to IAP role

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Help with applying a Bandwidth Contract to IAP role

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:29 AM

Hello,

I have a company SSID setup for Employees that is currently working fine.  I have 3 roles that are passed back from Clearpass that match the 3 roles on the IAPs.  First role gives unrestricted access to the network (for company approved laptops through AD authentication), second role gives browse only rights to the internet and nothing on the intranet (for any non approved employee device like phones, tablets etc through AD authenticated credentials) and the last role drops anything that doesn't hit the first two.

What I would like to do is limit the bandwidth on the second role since I don't really care if somebodys iphone isn't streaming itunes properly but would like the first role to have full bandwidth access.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Carrun

• 2.  RE: Help with applying a Bandwidth Contract to IAP role
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:38 AM

You can limit bandwidth per user or per SSID but it's not role based.  Expect that in the next release coming within 30-45 days.

• 3.  RE: Help with applying a Bandwidth Contract to IAP role

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:42 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I can wait a month and give the BYOD role full access for now, we're still in the testing phase anyways.

Looking forward to the next release then :)

• 4.  RE: Help with applying a Bandwidth Contract to IAP role

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:39 AM

Bandwidth contracts on IAPs only support per user on an SSID; not per user role.

• 5.  RE: Help with applying a Bandwidth Contract to IAP role

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:48 AM

Already answered