Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

Hidden SSID not working on Windows8.1 basic

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hidden SSID not working on Windows8.1 basic

Posted Apr 09, 2015 09:58 AM

Hi guys,

I have an issue with hidden SSID and Windows 8.1basic on IAP 105 running 6.4.2.0-4.1.1. The deployment is quite simple:

• 2 hidden SSID WPA2-PSK, AES-CCMP
    • IPs network assignment
    • No VLANs.
    • NO IPS running.

Everything was working fine until the customer bought new devices running Win8.1 basic edition. Those devices couldn´t connect to the network though they were properly configured. We checked the configuration and the only log we saw in the IAP was the association attempt with "auth=no".

Doing some tests, we realized that once we had tuned off the hidden SSID option, everything worked fine. The most weird thing is that those devices work fine with a hidden SSID configured in domestic ADSL router.

Could you help me with this issue? Our customer wants to keep hidden the SSIDs and I see no problem on the Aruba IAPs. We are facing this problem just on devices with Win8.1 basic edition; all laptops running Window8.1 pro edition are working fine as well as iPad, iPhone, Android... I think it´s a Windows problem, but maybe one of you knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Raúl