Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?

Posted Apr 14, 2014 03:50 PM

I have a 650 controller and 6 105 APs. Now that the APs are no longer instant APs, how do I change the IP address of an AP? I don't see a place in the controller that lets me edit the information for the controllers.

• 2.  RE: How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 14, 2014 03:55 PM
    Its under Configuration > AP Installation. Click the AP you want to modify, then click Provision (at the bottom). In the provisioning settings, you will see a place to set the IP Address for the AP. Just make sure you get it right? if you don?t, you?ll have to console to the AP to clear that info.

• 3.  RE: How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?

Posted Apr 14, 2014 04:00 PM

Thank you. that's exactly what I needed. I'm submitting a change to do that tonight after hours.

• 4.  RE: How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?

Posted Apr 14, 2014 03:55 PM

When running as a controller-based AP they typically get their IP address via DHCP.  There is typically no need to statically assign the IP address.

If you need to hard -set the IPA connect to the console of the AP, reboot, break the boot process then use the setenv commands to set it: >setenv ipaddr <IPA., setenv netmask <mask>, setenv gatewayip <IPA>.  All the setenv commands are listed in the AOS Users Guide.

• 5.  RE: How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?

Posted Apr 14, 2014 04:00 PM

We did set them with static IP addresses, but unfortunately 2 were given the same address, and it wasn't noticed until recently. I don't like using DHCP for any network devices as a rule. there's not real reason it's a bad idea I guess. that's just my preference.