Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I mount ap-ant-15 to shoot wifi signal to exterior structure from main building?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How do I mount ap-ant-15 to shoot wifi signal to exterior structure from main building?

Posted Jun 12, 2014 11:59 AM

• 2.  RE: How do I mount ap-ant-15 to shoot wifi signal to exterior structure from main building?

Posted Jun 12, 2014 05:57 PM

From the spec-sheet here: (http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/ap-ant-15_ss.pdf)

It looks like you screw it to the side of one building pointed more-or-less toward the other.

Isn't 120degrees a little wide for a poit to point link? Or are you hoping to serve mobile clients in the region between buildings as well?

• 3.  RE: How do I mount ap-ant-15 to shoot wifi signal to exterior structure from main building?

Posted Jun 12, 2014 06:45 PM
    That is what the sales rep suggested.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

• 4.  RE: How do I mount ap-ant-15 to shoot wifi signal to exterior structure from main building?

Posted Jun 13, 2014 03:37 AM

Depending on what AP you are connecting to and distance you might look at an antenna with higher gain such as the ANT-2x2-5314.  This is a 30deg antenna and 14dBi gain.  This has a narrow focus so it does not "hear" as much noise from the environment. Keep the connector types in mind.  Outdoor antennas will have Type-N connectors, as do our outdoor APs where indoor APs use RP-SMA connectors so you need an adaptor.

For a complete list of our supported antennas please click ~here~ .  This matrix shows a photo of the antenna, gain, antenna pattern, and the connector type.