Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to get Virtual controller on Aruba central to the native vlan

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  How to get Virtual controller on Aruba central to the native vlan

Posted Aug 09, 2016 10:30 PM

I'm setting up an IAP cluster managed by Aruba Central.  When i get to the part where i configure the Virtual Controller it requires that I put in a VLAN ID that is between 1-4093 excluding 3333.

In the scenario i want... the APs would be on a truck with both the APs and the virtual controller on the native vlan.  How do you accomplish this?  Or is this a limitation of Central? I know you can configure the IAP to do this natively.

Aruba-Central-Native.PNG

• 2.  RE: How to get Virtual controller on Aruba central to the native vlan
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2016 07:37 AM

By default, you do not need to set the VC subnet, gateway and VLAN; if it is in the same network as the IPs for the native VLAN. If you want to configure a VC IP to reach the VC always on the same IP, just put in an IP address in the same IP range.

• 3.  RE: How to get Virtual controller on Aruba central to the native vlan
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2016 07:44 AM
    totally worked. Very non-intuitive. As a network engineer if you prompt for a subnet, I'm going to fill it in. Some feedback to the user would be great.

• 4.  RE: How to get Virtual controller on Aruba central to the native vlan

Posted Oct 25, 2019 06:17 AM

Having an issue myself this morning - the AP that is elected as VC (hard set in configuration) lost connection Aruba Central last night at around 00:30 - a new AP was elected but Aruba Central won't communicate with it. So my normal VC is up locally and IAP allows me to login. Aruba Central simply saus '126 Offline APs' and still shows the incorrect AP listed as VC.

How does one get round this issue?