Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 115 not downloading template from airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 115 not downloading template from airwave

Posted Jul 24, 2014 03:57 PM

We have about 1200 IAPs managed by our AirWave server.  I am having a problem with one pair of IAP115s.  They come online, AirWave can see them and mange them, but they will not download their template from AirWave.

I've tried to factory reset, remove from AirWave and let them rejoin, and several reboots.  Has anyone else run into this or have ideas on how to get the IAP to download its template?

• 2.  RE: IAP 115 not downloading template from airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2014 04:07 PM

Is anything showing up in the logs from airwave?  Anything in the event logs?  

Try looking at the pound logs...which show a good detail about the IAPs checking into Airwave:

https://<amp IP address>/display_log?log=%2Fvar%2Flog%2Fpound

In the VC, try the "show ap debug" commands....append with these options to see more info

airwave                     

airwave-config-received     

airwave-data-sent           

airwave-events-pending      

airwave-signon-key          

airwave-state               

airwave-stats 

• 3.  RE: IAP 115 not downloading template from airwave

Posted Jul 24, 2014 04:57 PM

Thanks for the reply Seth!

I ended up downloading the config from a different VC, changed a few things in the config to so it would work with this cluster, and then did a config restore.  All IAPs are now online and working as desired.

• 4.  RE: IAP 115 not downloading template from airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2014 05:11 PM

Great...hopefully the commands above can help troubleshoot if you need to!