Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 315 / vc not showing mobile website

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 315 / vc not showing mobile website

Posted Sep 21, 2019 05:40 AM

Hi Airheads,

I've been breaking my brain over the following issue. I have 2 IAP-315 in my network, and all is working well, however; when I try to access the virtual controller from my phone; either through instant.arubanetworks.com:4343 or directly through IP address, I get the desktop version of the site:

iap1.jpg

My colleague, who has a similar setup (but with different IAP's) gets the mobile website:

iap2.jpg

I've downgraded and re-upgraded the firmware, just to make sure there was no issue there, and I'm currently running the latest version:

iap3.jpg

Am I the only one facing this issue? Am I missing something in my config?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: IAP 315 / vc not showing mobile website
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2019 11:59 PM

hi aardvark,

The website your colleague is getting, was introduced to the IAP's with ArubaOS version 8.4. You are running on 8.3. I would recommend upgrading the IAP's to 8.5 if you really need this new GUI. If everything works well, stay with 8.3. 

• 3.  RE: IAP 315 / vc not showing mobile website

Posted Sep 24, 2019 05:57 AM

Ha! That makes complete sense. I'll go kick him until he tells me where he found the 8.5, since the support website doesn't go further than 8.3. Thanks a million!