Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Certificate Issues with ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  IAP Certificate Issues with ClearPass

Posted Jan 04, 2018 12:11 PM

I have 2 IAP clusters, one using ClearPass and one that is not. I have uploaded a wildcard cert to both clusters as a CP certificate in the IAP UI. My cluster without ClearPass works great with no certificate errors.

In contrast, my cluster with Clearpass does not appear to work properly and I am not sure how to fix it. A couple of notes on different behavior for each cluster from the client perspective.

- On the cluster without ClearPass, when accessing a guest network with captive portal hosted on IAP, the redirect for the captive portal goes to https://captiveportal-login.domainname.com

- On the cluster with ClearPass, when accessing the guest network with captive portal hosted on Clearpass, the captive portal web page displays correctly however once credentials are entered, the web page redirects to securelogin.arubanetworks.com which fails DNS resolution and the connection dies.

The hostname of my Clearpass is resolvable from the outside without issue.

I am not very well versed on ClearPass but any assistance would be greatly valued.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• 2.  RE: IAP Certificate Issues with ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 12:15 PM
    Did you update the login URL in your guest login form in ClearPass to https://captiveportal-login.domainname.com?

• 3.  RE: IAP Certificate Issues with ClearPass

Posted Jan 04, 2018 12:17 PM

Tim, I have not. Could you point me in the direction in CPPM where that value is located? I apologize for my lack of knowledge on CPPM, we had a vendor come in and install it for us and they did little to no knowledge transfer during the process.

• 4.  RE: IAP Certificate Issues with ClearPass
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 12:21 PM
    Guest > Configuration > Pages > Self-Registrations > (your page) > Edit > NAS Vendor Settings > IP Address

• 5.  RE: IAP Certificate Issues with ClearPass

Posted Jan 04, 2018 12:25 PM

Tim,

Thank you very much, that took care of it. I appreciate the quick response and accurate description of the solution.

Have a happy new year!