Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-RAP to 7210MC - tunnel up, iAP works, client doesn't

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP-RAP to 7210MC - tunnel up, iAP works, client doesn't

Posted Aug 09, 2019 05:47 PM

the iAP management IP is available and I can log in to the GUI - yay!

the iAP can talk to Clearpass, so I'm getting RADIUS and MAC-auth, etc. - yay!

the iAP can talk to Airwave so I can manage it - yay!

When I attempt to connect a client, I see the dot1x request/approval with Clearpass and everything looks great except the client never gets an address assignment.

I'm using VLAN 60 for the iAP and it's IP is set from the controller anchoring the VPN.

I'm using L2,Centralized DHCP on VLAN 61 for the client (and I've tried 60 in troubleshooting)

The DHCP request makes it to the DHCP server and I have captured the response from the server on the way back to the controller - but I never seem to get the response at the client.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I don't know where to look in the controller to see whether it's dropping or passing the response.

Anyone got a tip?

• 2.  RE: IAP-RAP to 7210MC - tunnel up, iAP works, client doesn't
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2019 06:47 PM

Solved!! -- Shot myself in the foot.

We have two DHCP servers, one in the same datacenter as my controller, one remote. DHCP answers from local were working, remote were getting misrouted.

Fixed my routing typo: all better now.