Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP + VOICE SPECTRALINK

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP + VOICE SPECTRALINK

Posted Mar 04, 2013 01:55 PM

hI,

Im planning to deploy a IAP networks with 30 IAP135 and 6 IAP175, with 3 ssid for gguest, employees and voice with SVP protocol.. my concern is the voice, any had experience with SIP/SVP on IAP network? how it works? or do you recommended controller based network?

We do have apple TV, smartphone, laptops and ipad/ipod on the net employee..

• 2.  RE: IAP + VOICE SPECTRALINK

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2013 11:40 PM

Instant supports the ALGs for all common protocols SIP, SVP, Vocera, Cisco Skinny, Alcatel NOE. Traffic that is identified as voice (these protocols) is put in voice queue automatically.

• 3.  RE: IAP + VOICE SPECTRALINK

Posted Mar 06, 2013 01:12 PM

Curious about your voice platform and handsets.  I am attempting to prove a Nortel WLAN 6140 over wif with Nortel BCM 400  over network of IAP-105s.  Those handsets are configureable for SVP or Wifi Standard QOS.  I am using Wifi Standard QOS to avoid need for an SVP gateway between the wifi network and my telephone system.