Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

IAP-VPN failover to other IAP

hi all,

In instant IAP-VPN, we can have IPsec tunnel to main controller. If master IAP goes down and another IAP becomes master, will IPSec tunnel remains up or it will re-establish ?

If it re-establishes, is there anyway to minimize the downtime like having second IPSec tunnel from a backup IAP. So far in my research i am almost sure that there is no concept of backup IAP, but please correct me if i am wrong.

Guru Elite

Re: IAP-VPN failover to other IAP

Yes it will re-establish. If you have a second controller, you can create a backup IPSec to that controller.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Aruba Employee

Hi,

I don't have the second controller but please also elaborate on other points like is there a possibility of having a backup IAP to minimize the downtime ?

If not, how much time does it takes to re-establish ? also is it a good design ?

Best Regards

Ovais Iqbal
Guru Elite

It takes a few seconds. Most users won't even notice.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: