Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP and Guest captive portal

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP and Guest captive portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2012 06:46 AM

Hi,

Having just configured a bunch of IAPs for the first time, I had a few questions around Guest users and captive portal.

1. Is it only possible to have static guest username/password?  Can we set them to expire?
    2. What about guest provisioning role for admin users.....does this exist in IAPs?
    3. Can we set an Aruba controller to be the external captive portal page?
    4. What about creating the guest users on an Aruba controller and pointing the IAP to use it as a Radius for the Guests....can/does this work?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: IAP and Guest captive portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2012 08:26 AM

@Michael_Clarke wrote:

Hi,

Having just configured a bunch of IAPs for the first time, I had a few questions around Guest users and captive portal.

1. Is it only possible to have static guest username/password?  Can we set them to expire?
    2. What about guest provisioning role for admin users.....does this exist in IAPs?
    4. What about creating the guest users on an Aruba controller and pointing the IAP to use it as a Radius for the Guests....can/does this work?

Thanks

1.  Cannot be set to expire.

2.  Guest Provisioning does not exist

3.  You can try this, but not sure it has been tested

4.  You cannot do this.

• 3.  RE: IAP and Guest captive portal

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 05, 2012 09:49 AM

@cjoseph wrote:

@Michael_Clarke wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

1.  Cannot be set to expire.

2.  Guest Provisioning does not exist

3.  You can try this, but not sure it has been tested

4.  You cannot do this.

About 1 and 2, it is planned ?

• 4.  RE: IAP and Guest captive portal

Posted Jul 06, 2012 10:40 AM

I'm also interested in knowing if #2 is planned...

Thanks!