Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP integration with FreeRadius ver 2.1.6/2.1.12

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP integration with FreeRadius ver 2.1.6/2.1.12

Posted Nov 29, 2011 12:09 PM

Hi All,

I'll be working for  POC using IAP and to be integrated with client FreeRadius server.  I need to simulate first and Im not familiar with the FreeRadius. I have the user guide for the IAP with short instructions of configuring external radius... My concern is how Im gonna start to have a FreeRadius what are prerequisites in order to install that in a VmWare for simulation.  Does anybody experienced with this kind of integration? I need documentation specially in configuring and installation of FreeRadius.

Thanks for the support in advance :)

Regards,

marlon

• 2.  RE: IAP integration with FreeRadius ver 2.1.6/2.1.12

Posted Nov 30, 2011 06:50 PM

For setting up FreeRadius as an authentication server for EAP-PEAP MSCHAPv2, please look at 

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/8021X-HOWTO/freeradius.html

Please ensure that clients.conf is configured properly with IAP IP Address.

• 3.  RE: IAP integration with FreeRadius ver 2.1.6/2.1.12

Posted Dec 01, 2011 12:29 AM

Hi Pradeep,

thanks for the help but Im not familiar with the free Radius mean I dont know where to start. because im not a Linux users. What are the files needed for the installation can I install this using Vmware centOS do you guide from the scratch?

Regards,

Marlon

• 4.  RE: IAP integration with FreeRadius ver 2.1.6/2.1.12

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2011 05:27 AM

Freeradius can be straightforward or difficult, depending on what you do to set it up.  The same goes for Linux and VMWARE  This is probably not the forum to get detailed advice on how to setup Freeradius, Linux and VMWARE from scratch.  The link that Pradeep sent is probably the best resource you have for freeradius setup.  

What does the customer have to authenticate users currently, and why is Freeradius needed specifically?  If ths customer has VMWARE and has Windows Server, cannot IAS or NPS be used?

• 5.  RE: IAP integration with FreeRadius ver 2.1.6/2.1.12

Posted Dec 02, 2011 10:40 AM

Hi ,

thanks for the link the client is using open source .

regards,

marlon

• 6.  RE: IAP integration with FreeRadius ver 2.1.6/2.1.12

Posted Dec 07, 2011 05:23 AM

Another choice, maybe you can try the FreeRadius for Windows, it work on Windows OS...