Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP ldap and WPA-2 Enertpise

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  IAP ldap and WPA-2 Enertpise

Posted Mar 27, 2018 09:00 AM

I am trying to configure WPA-2 Enterprise against ldap service but it declines access. Where I can see logs in the IAP controller for that?

My config looks perfect to my knowledge but wifi access is not working, not sure what is wrong:

wlan ssid-profile test
     enable
     index 2
     termination
     type employee
     essid test
     opmode wpa2-aes
     max-authentication-failures 0
     auth-server ldapmaster
     rf-band all
     captive-portal disable
     dtim-period 1
     broadcast-filter arp
     dmo-channel-utilization-threshold 90
     local-probe-req-thresh 0
     max-clients-threshold 64

wlan ldap-server ldapmaster
     ip XXXX
     port 389
     admin-dn cn=readuser,dc=XXXX
     admin-password XXXXX
     base-dn cn=users,dc=XXXX,dc=XXXX
     filter (objectclass=*)
     key-attribute userPassword

• 2.  RE: IAP ldap and WPA-2 Enertpise

Posted Apr 03, 2018 10:15 AM

Since I couldn't find a way to see any ldap logs on the IAP, I started tcpdump on the ldapserver to see what happened, and then I managed to find out that the key attribute is acually cn, not like I was thinking this is the attribute for the password.

Here are my findings:

- there are attribute descriptions which are hardcoded or something which lsap search command look for:

ldap0.png- in my case ldap search works correctly for the given username, however since in the cn for that particular user we have userPassword atribute, and also ntPassword and lmPassword it matches 3 entries, not only one:

ldap.pngHowever it does not work. I tried to provide as password what is in the attribute lmPassword which is in clear text but it's not allowing me access. I think that it might be because it matches 3 fields, not only one, but I could not find where I can select which attributes to count as password. Also I am not sure if password can by in unix crypt format... Any idea?

• 3.  RE: IAP ldap and WPA-2 Enertpise
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2018 09:30 AM

So some progress here: actually my configuration for ldap is correct. If I use it in the captive portal it works. The problem apparently is that there is no EAP-TLS supported in this case. So it's not possible out of the box to use ldap server only. We need radius server with EAP-TLS enabled, otherwise it won't work.