Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP's managed by AirWave keep reverting to Thin AP template

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP's managed by AirWave keep reverting to Thin AP template

Posted Apr 08, 2016 05:24 AM

I have a group with 300+ IAP105's within 100+ seperate sites.

The airwave [8.0.11.1] group has my custom template in it, but also has a default template of "Aruba Instant Thin AP (Any Model) - 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.2_38733" - which i cannot delete.

Occassionally the VC and its IAP's will revert from using my custom template, to using the default Thin AP template - which has very little config in it and stops the IAP's from distributing the correct SSIDs.

Given that i can't delete the customer template. And i can't select which of the 2 template i want to be the default for the group.. how can i force my custom template onto the devices?

• 2.  RE: IAP's managed by AirWave keep reverting to Thin AP template

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 07:15 AM

You probably need to open a TAC case so that they go through how to set this up step-by-step without problems.  If we give you any advice here and things go wrong, you have 100 sites to worry about.  With instant, the key is the order in which you do your steps.  TAC should be able to help you with that so that you do not have any futher issues.