Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP105 Slow Remote IP camera connection - Port 2000

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP105 Slow Remote IP camera connection - Port 2000

Posted Aug 18, 2014 12:50 PM

Hi, we have installed 7 x IAP105 in one of our customers sites.  The company owner uses his IPad to connect via the Internet to his IP camera system at his house (he has a static IP address with an app thats connects to his camera system at home).

When he connects via the Aruba wireless network the connection to the cameras is extremly slow/unusable.  When he connects to the cameras via a cheap TP-link wireless access point (in the same office) the connection is fine.  This obviously rules out problems with the wired network infrastructure and routers.

Anyone have any ideas?  I believe that the cameras are using port 2000.  Could it be that the Aruba access points are making port 2000 traffic low prioriy?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: IAP105 Slow Remote IP camera connection - Port 2000

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 12:52 PM
    Do you have broadcast filtering enabled?

• 3.  RE: IAP105 Slow Remote IP camera connection - Port 2000

Posted Aug 18, 2014 01:11 PM

HI, thanks for the speedy response. It's a really basic configuration with one employee SSID using WPA2 key.  All defaults have been left as default.  Would broadcast filtering be set as a default? Where would I go on the config to check?

Many thanks

David

• 4.  RE: IAP105 Slow Remote IP camera connection - Port 2000

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 01:15 PM

No, it is not on by default. You can find it under the SSID settings (click the Edit button next to the network name).

This setting should greatly improve performance.

instant-ssid-showadvoptions.png

instant-ssid-broadcastfilter.png

• 5.  RE: IAP105 Slow Remote IP camera connection - Port 2000

Posted Aug 18, 2014 01:25 PM

Thank you.  I will get the site to set 'broadcast filtering' to DISABLE.  Just out of interest, what is it set to as default? ARP or ALL? (Sorry not got access to an Aruba IAP at present to check).

The owner is not back from holiday until next week so I can't test fully until then.

I'll get back to you then (hopefully giving big kudos!!).

Many thanks again for your help.

David

• 6.  RE: IAP105 Slow Remote IP camera connection - Port 2000

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 01:27 PM
    You'll actually want to set it to ALL. It is disabled by default (sorry for the misleading screenshot :) )

• 7.  RE: IAP105 Slow Remote IP camera connection - Port 2000

Posted Aug 18, 2014 01:36 PM

Thanks Tim, we will give it a try and get back to you.