Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP225 - 80 MHz channels ARM choice

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP225 - 80 MHz channels ARM choice

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Hi,

I recently deployed about 20 IAP225 and initially had 80 MHz channels enabled.  What I noticed is that even after 2 days, all of the APs were only on 2 of the available channels, being 100E and 116E.  Not a single AP had gone to 36E or 52E.

There is little to no other sources of 5 GHz in the building, and certainly not enough to make them not choose those channels.

When we disabled 80MHz channels, there ended up being a nice mixed of all the available 40 MHz channels.

No troubleshooting was done at the time or detailed look at ARM stats.....just a general observation.

Just wondering what other are noticing around this 80MHz channel thing?

• 2.  RE: IAP225 - 80 MHz channels ARM choice
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 03:19 AM

I spoke with the IAP developers at the EMEA Airheads and they said that there was initially some issues with the channel selection algorithm on the IAP225, and has been fixed on later releases.

Tested yesterday and now I am seeing aps on channel 36E and 52E, so seems fine now.

:smileyhappy: