Controllerless Networks

Frequent Contributor II

IAP275 and the new AP375...

I have a deployment, mesh style, of IAP275s and IAP277s. These radios are now End-of-Sale, though still supported until 2024. So now our clients want to expand this deployment and add a few more locations (its a water treatment facility) into the mix. Well, IAP270 series is no longer an option and the recommended replacement is the AP375. I have been told by a distributor/reseller that the AP375 is NOT compatible with the IAP270 series. I thought that as long as they have the same firmware rev, that they would join the cluster and then be able to mesh with the others.

Can anyone confirm/deny this for me? I really don't want to tell the client that they would have to replace the entire deployment that was only installed less than two years ago.

Scott McNeil - Sr. Network & Security Engineer, Global Process Automation
Network+ | CWNA | CWTS | ACSP | ACMP | ACMA | BREC
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: IAP275 and the new AP375...

I can't see why an IAP37X would be incompatible with an IAP27X. That doesn't appear to be true.

Like you said, just put them on the same firmware and you'll be fine.

Cheers
James
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------@whereisjrw--------------------------
---------------------------------blog-------------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216 | AMFX #11

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Frequent Contributor II

Re: IAP275 and the new AP375...

Thanks James, I appreciate the response.

However, before I go and get one, can any of the Aruba product peeps chime in and verify? I would hate to be doing a $2000 experiment...

Scott McNeil - Sr. Network & Security Engineer, Global Process Automation
Network+ | CWNA | CWTS | ACSP | ACMP | ACMA | BREC
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: