Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

IAP515 relatively slow and showing unfair bandwidth distribution

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP515 relatively slow and showing unfair bandwidth distribution

Posted Aug 07, 2019 03:10 AM

Hi Community,

after several weeks of troubleshooting in an other problem (clients randomly disconnecting) with the Aruba Support we finally got a solution.
    After that we did some performance tests.

Downloading from a local server shows data rates of about 250-330Mbit/s with an 1x1 Client.
    Using a Macbook with 3x3 it is only slightly faster.

Testing with an 2x2 TP-Link AP shows up to 360 MBit/s to the 1x1 an up to 800Mbit/s to the 3x3 Macbook.

We did isolate one of the APs therefore we have no other clients connected to this AP than our test clients.

Next big thing is, when uploading the distribution is unfair.
    Even with multiple identical 1x1 clients we can reproduce this behaviour.

We start uploading on client A. Speed is about 260Mbit/s.
    Starting another upload on Client B I would expect them to share the bandwidth equally. But B gets significantly higher rates.
    Adding Client C lets Client A even drop to unter 40Mbit/s.

Via Download the bandwidth is shared equally.

Therefore my questions:

- Is the general speed (max 330 Mbit/s) too slow?
     - Can I check if the AP is using multiple streams to communicate with the Macbook? My expectation would be similar rates as with the TP-Link
     - Shouldn't multiple 1x1 Clients each transfer with the 330 Mbit/s as the AP has 4x4?
     - Is the "unfair" bandwidth via upload normal? I dont think so, because on the TP-Link it is not happening.