Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Iap start in monitor mode

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Iap start in monitor mode

Posted Apr 18, 2018 08:50 AM

Hi,

I deploy a wifi network of 85 iap-205 where voice over wifi is functionning.

I just have 2 access points which is booting on monitor mode (even it's not configured). I check on log and on arm, and I don't see anything to explain they don't start in access mode.

How I can check the reason why the ap is on monitor mode?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Iap start in monitor mode

Posted Apr 10, 2019 03:12 PM

I'll join this thread.

We have a 45-day old iAP cluster with 48 iAP305/365 in one of our warehouses.

Other times I have looked at the AP list in the VC GUI and not noticed anything amiss, but I wasn't looking for APs in monitor mode, so I don't know when they stared.

Yesterday I received complaints of poor coverage in a particular area of our warehouse.

I looked at the AP list and noticed that the two APs in that area were both in monitor mode - which would result in poor coverage:

monitor-mode.png

Yesterday AP 50 and 51 were in monitor mode so I rebooted them, today just 51 is in monitor mode.

What causes them to do that, how can I control it?

• 3.  RE: Iap start in monitor mode

Posted Apr 15, 2019 03:28 AM

Hi Matthew,

My problem was withe 2 iap with the same ip address. But you can also have this problem when the channels are full.