Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Impact to existing IAP Cluster config after join to Cloud Central

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Impact to existing IAP Cluster config after join to Cloud Central

Posted Sep 05, 2015 09:07 PM

I have an existing IAP cluster that is configured with SSIDs and other configuration settings.  I want to manage it via Cloud Central, and add more clusters as well. 

What will be the impact if I add this already configured cluster to Cloud Central?  Will it upload the config into Cloud Central?  Or will it enforce the configuration settings in Cloud Central which are blank right now, because I just started using it?

The examples I found all talk about joining a non-configured IAP.  None talk about joining an already configured IAP. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Impact to existing IAP Cluster config after join to Cloud Central
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Impact to existing IAP Cluster config after join to Cloud Central

Posted Sep 05, 2015 10:09 PM

I can't find the "The Import New Group and Overwrite Existing Config" Options.  I Go into Device Management, and I've added my APs and they are listed.  I can Assign them to a Group, but no option to create a new group from that screen, or Overwrite existing config.  I manually created a group, but I cant find any option that indicates that it will import the config of the AP into that group.

• 4.  RE: Impact to existing IAP Cluster config after join to Cloud Central

Posted Jan 23, 2016 10:16 AM

Hi chrismcbride,

Did anyone reply to your question, this thread is marked as solved although your comments suggest you still have an issue.

I too can not locate the option below as described in the Aruba Central Help.

3.Click a device. The Import New Group and Overwrite Existing Config options are displayed.

I guess this article was not proven before being published. Maybe somone from Aruba will jump in here.

Regards,

Chris

• 5.  RE: Impact to existing IAP Cluster config after join to Cloud Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2016 10:30 AM

When you click the "Groups" hamburger menu on the left, you should see the new VCs at the bottom left. When you select a VC, it should ask you to import existing config into a new group or move it into an existing group and accept the group config.

• 6.  RE: Impact to existing IAP Cluster config after join to Cloud Central

Posted Jan 23, 2016 10:50 AM

Hi Tim,

Thank you for clarifying that, as there is also an "assign to group" option when selecting devices under Device Management, in the Maintenance section.

There may also have been a delay for the device to be shown in the groups hamburger menu.

I was able to import the configuration as stated.

Appreciate the quick response.

Regards,

Chris