Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant AP - Client Match features don't work....

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Instant AP - Client Match features don't work....

Posted Dec 11, 2018 03:29 AM

Hi

Having problems in an environment of 12 x iAP 205 where most clients are being connected to certain APs and Radios and the next AP only has a handfull of clients (APs are between 8 meters and 16 meters apart, depending)....

I am looking at Client Match to improve this, but it is full of it -- running different CM commands/config it only showas and saves what is set in GUI... why? where are the rest of the configs?

AP-03# conf t
    We now support CLI commit model, please type "commit apply" for configuration to take effect.
    AP-03 (config) # arm
    AP-03 (ARM) # client-match snr-thresh 10
    AP-03 (ARM) # exit
    AP-03 (config) # exit
    AP-03# commit apply 
    committing configuration...
    configuration committed.
    AP-03# 
    AP-03# show run | inc client-match
     client-match
     client-match nb-matching 75
     client-match calc-threshold 2
     client-match calc-interval 30
     client-match slb-mode 3
    AP-03# 

As seen in code above -- it did not set or save the Client Match SNR threshold I set (or any others that have been set like good and bad snr)......   why?

iAP version =   6.5.4.9

• 2.  RE: Instant AP - Client Match features don't work....

Posted Dec 13, 2018 06:39 PM

Are you making the changes from the AP which is the current controller? I'm guessing that the CM config is a swarm-wide config and not AP specific, so you'll wnat to be making changes on the virtial "master" controller.