Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant AP - Prompted "This site is not secure" after connected to wireless

This thread has been viewed 47 times
  • 1.  Instant AP - Prompted "This site is not secure" after connected to wireless

Posted Mar 22, 2020 08:55 AM

Hi, i encounter Certificate Error : https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com Web Page after connected to wireless. 

May i know is there any way to bypass or don't let it appear ?

i am using IAP-303 running on cluster using default guest captive portal

Please kindly advise

• 2.  RE: Instant AP - Prompted "This site is not secure" after connected to wireless

Posted Mar 22, 2020 10:55 AM

Hi, 

securelogin.arubanetworks.com is a self signed certificate and you will always get cert error. This is unavoidable.

The way to get pass it, is to install a public certificate which your browser (client devices) trust such as verisign, comodo etc. If public cert is not possible, you can proceed with private cert but in this case, you will need to install the root certificate of CA on every client device (which may or may not be feasible).

So to be concise and clear, the only fool proof method to avoid cert error is to use public cert.

• 3.  RE: Instant AP - Prompted "This site is not secure" after connected to wireless

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 23, 2020 04:35 AM

Ronin101 is spot on with what he is saying. The certificate was also revoked a few years back, so depending on the firmware version and the browser you might not even be able to bypass the error. Take a look at the below article, it dives deeper into the certs on an IAP and how you can replace them.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Instant/ta-p/275814