Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant AP vs Kindle

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Instant AP vs Kindle

Posted Jan 31, 2012 05:32 AM

Hi All,

I came across an issue yesterday where my Kindle Keyboard Wifi was unable to connect to a customers wireless network. I know my Kindle works wirelessly as I've had it working previously at home and I tested it after the issue at the customers site.

The APs in question were IAP105 on version 5.0.3.0? (iirc) I attempted to connect my kindle to a WPA2 PSK SSID this failed. I next tried WPA PSK and this failed too. Finally I tried an open SSID but this failed too!

I upgrade the firmware on the IAPs to the latest version at tried to connect again to no avail.

This is what occurs: The kindle associates with the SSID and from the IAP I can see that it's assigned an IP address. But after a few seconds it Kindle reports that it failed to connect.

Has anyone else seen issues like this before?

I'm thinking (hoping) it might be something to do with the customer having a proxy server and the Kindle attempting to "call home" when it connect to the wireless rather than it being an incompatibility between the devices.

• 2.  RE: Instant AP vs Kindle

Posted Jan 31, 2012 11:46 AM

Hi,

I have tested with Instant IAP and with kindle fire - OS 6.2.1-user-3103920 both PSK and 802.1X. I didn't see any issues with association.

What version of software does the client have and can you please share you IAP configuration?

thanks,

Shashi

• 3.  RE: Instant AP vs Kindle

Posted Jan 31, 2012 12:08 PM

I tested it with a Kindle Keyboard on version 3.1.

The IAP configuration is pretty basic. It's a flat network structure with one network subnet and no VLANs. DHCP and DNS are provided by a windows server which is on the local network.

I don't have access to the actual IAP config at the moment..