Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Integration with nomadix

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant Integration with nomadix

Posted Aug 04, 2013 08:26 PM

Hello i was wondering if someone got a instant AP cluster integration with nomadix for Guest users?

I got a client which already got nomadix and its interested in Instant  APs for their hotel.... but i was wondering if  instant can be integrated succesfully with nomadix for guest access?

Anyone got a step by step? maybe

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Instant Integration with nomadix

Posted Aug 05, 2013 12:47 AM

Hi, :smileyhappy:

If the nomadix (while it's connected to the hotel db) acting as gateway and doing the DHCP for the wifi clients - you should have no problem.

You should configure your instant units to use the nomadix vlan and you done.

The captive portal will be configure on the nomadix unit (as it already today..If the hotel site got a nomadix)

just a small tip:

depends on your nomadix sw version,make sure that the instantap you deploy - aren't catching u license of users on the nomadix (you can configure all the instant units as part of your lan in the nomadix in order to overcome or bypass this issue)

That's it. :smileytongue:

Have a lovely day.

Me

• 3.  RE: Instant Integration with nomadix

Posted Aug 08, 2013 12:10 AM

Hello

let me see if i understand

nomadix is giving DHCP in Vlan 10

I put the isntant in vlan  5? and put the clients on vlan 10(trunking that vlan to the IAP)  and this should jsut work?

As the clients gateway will be the nomadix... the nomadix will do everything.

is this example right and what i need to do ?

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Instant Integration with nomadix

Posted Aug 08, 2013 01:41 AM

yep - You understood it right.