Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

Instant: Outdoor PtP / Mesh VLAN

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Instant: Outdoor PtP / Mesh VLAN

Posted Feb 02, 2015 11:47 AM

Not having much luck finding documentation of Instant Clusters and Ethernet LAN bridging across the wired port on the Mesh Point side.

Scenario:  Two IAP-274s -- Mesh Portal and Mesh Point -- the wireless mesh link is up/connected and signal is excellent.

DHCP server sits on Portal side.

Mesh Portal wired port is not set to bridging enabled; Mesh Point wired port IS set to bridging enabled. Both sides of link are connected to access mode ports in VLAN 3 -- and both Aruba units are able to get an IP from the correct DHCP scope.

The problem is that VLAN 3 traffic does not seem to be properly bridged into the switch on the Mesh Point side of the link.  I cannot plug a laptop into an access mode port in VLAN 3 on the Mesh Point side and get an IP from DHCP. Also, when I set a VLAN3 interface IP on the switch and try to ping past the Portal - I get no reply.

Any/All assistance is GREATLY appreciated.  I have found Aruba documentation on Outdoor PtP (ie VRD, etc) -- but that is all based on Mobility Controllers and not Instant.

Thanks!