Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 12:32 AM

Dear friends

Please help to solve issue about issue when clients connect to Aruba 335 cluster (IAP).

1/I made 3 vlan : vlan1,vlan3 and vlan8 and configured vlan1 (id 1) as vlan for management and native vlan

2/Access Points (APs) are trunked with Aruba 2930F switches,and vlan1 is configured as untagged following instruction by members on Airheads

3/Created SSID to appropriate Vlan and getting IPs with same subnet from that DHCP server assigned for each vlan1,3,8

All things work like a charm when clients connect to APs (master),but issue happend with APs (slave).Clients who connected to APs (slave) could not get  IP address from DHCP.

• 2.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 01:04 AM

Hi Binh, Did you check switch port configuration which connected to slave AP. both switch port shoud have same configuration.

• 3.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 01:42 AM
    Dear Danusha
    Thank you for question.All ports on switch are trunk with APs (slave).
    Problem is when i choose any APs (slave) that didnt assign IP to clients before and set it as master ,it will work like a charm

Sent from my Iphone

• 4.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 01:55 AM

Hi, are you using local DHCP or coporate DHCP server. most of cases this would be switch port trunking issue. otherwise dhcp server configuration mis match with vlan.

• 5.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 02:08 AM
    Dear Danusha
    SSID in Vlan3 and Vlan8 were using DHCP from local IAP controller.I tried to use DHCP from corporate but was the same issue,client could not received IP when connecting to APs (slave)
    the IAP was working very good when i changed the APs (slave) to master,clients connected and recieved IP address good (by both local IAP Dhcp or Corporate dhcp)
    I also tried to change other APs to make sure that it was not fail (i bought 32 APs but using 6 for pre-configuring and testing).
    Thanks

Sent from my Iphone

• 6.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 03:13 AM

Hi Binh, VLAN 1 DHCP assign to IAPs works fine and VLAN3 and 8 doesn't assign DHCP to client.

1. did you check security settings on your switches like DHCP spoofing, ARP inspection. or ACL

2. Check your SSID VLAN assignment and dhcp scopes network ids

• 7.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 07:44 AM

Dear Dinusha

It only works well when clients connect to master AP,not slave.I think there is nothing wrong with trunk because when i turn off the APs (slave) or convert APs (slave) to master,everything fine,work like a charm

You can see the image when i turned off all APs(slave) : subnet 8 & 10 was assigned by IAP DHCP while subnet 3 was assigned by DHCP corporate (i am sure the trunk link to other APs was fine because when i converted it to master,it worked well with clients)

• 8.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2019 09:19 AM

In your SSID configuration, VLAN SSID should be configured as "Network Assigned" if you are trunking clients to the ethernet interface of each Instant AP.

Also, do you see all of your APs from the Virtual Controller when you have the problem?

• 9.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 09:35 AM
    Dear cjosheph
    There are two option : network assign (using dhcp corporate) or using virtual controller (must create pool for each vlan in DHCP tab of IAP).
    I did both and as i said it only work when clients connect to one of these APs which are master role (if these APs are slave,client wont receive IP address)
    I really dont understand why because i think i did all the basic steps for setting an IAP,i think it is not difficult and strange like this issue
    Thanks

Sent from my Iphone

• 10.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2019 09:44 AM

• 11.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

Posted Jan 05, 2019 11:00 AM
    Dear cjosheph
    Yes i see all the APs in cluster so that i can changed it to master or slave whenever i want to check and find that strange issue that i have never met before.
    I already submited a support ticket to Aruba.Hope that they know exactly what is happening to my devices.I intend to erase all setting of IAP on Monday and configure all APs again from the beginning but still find someone who know how to solve it before Monday
    Thank you so much
    Rgds

Sent from my Iphone

• 12.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2019 01:37 PM

• 13.  RE: Issue when connecting to Aruba 335 APs (slave) in IAP virtual controller
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 07, 2019 02:12 AM
    Dear cjosheph
    I did solve the problem.The issue was from the native vlan which was tagged to the trunk ports between the access switches and core switch
    I remove vlan1 tagged in the trunk ports between Aps and it works
    Thank you
    Regards